Job Vacancy - paid content
Aplications ONLY via the City of London Police web site
Post Title: Forensic Collision Investigator- Police Constable/ Detective Constable
Type of contract: Permanent
Rank/Grade: Police Constable/ Detective Constable
Directorate/Department: Specialist Operations/ Forensic Services
Statement of expectation for the role: Candidates must hold either a UCPD and/or Cert HE qualification. Requirement of 4 years tenure in this role due to specialist training as Forensic Collision Investigator.
Vetting level required: RV/CTC
Salary: As per National Pay Scale
Description of COLP:
A powerful and influential area such as the City of London demands a high calibre police force. The City of London Police does not disappoint.
Nationally and internationally recognised for its innovation and expertise, City of London Police strives to provide ever-improving levels of service to its unique community.
The Square Mile is home to over 450 international banks, 300,000 City workers and 8,000 residents and welcomes more than four million visitors to its iconic sites every year.
Purpose of the Role:
To provide an expert Forensic Collision Investigation service, compliant with current legislative and regulatory standards.
As part of a close team of three Forensic Collision Investigators (FCI’s), responsible for the initial scene management of all fatal and serious road collisions and thereafter responsible for scene reconstructions and associated examinations.
The FCI’s are also force leads for CCTV analysis and, as part of Forensic Services, integral to the major crime scene response in recording 3D scans. The department encourages and supports continuous professional development and allows CI’s to diversify their role in adopting other forensic skills.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Attend all life threatening and fatal collisions in order to identify, interpret and record available forensic evidence
· Undertake forensic collision investigation though initial examination of scenes through to prosecution stage, planning, coordinating and managing the work on multiple long term cases, including police vehicles and other incidents
Essential Criteria – including the behaviours that will be tested at application/interview:
· Must be able to manage own workload and prioritize competing demands.
· Ability to work with minimal supervision
· Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with members of the public, senior managers, partner agencies and colleagues whether at scene or in other environments.
· To be computer literate and have sound practical knowledge of Microsoft office programs
Types of Qualification(s) needed:
· You must either be qualified to CertHE level Forensic Collision Investigator with recent, relevant experience undertaking that role, or hold a UCPD qualification and either be undertaking the CertHE training course or willing to undertake that course as soon as possible.
· Hold a qualification in vehicle examination and be competent and able to carry out examinations on all vehicle types.
· To hold a full car driving licence and hold or be willing to be trained to police advance driving standard
Desirable Criteria (If applicable):
The application and interview will be tested under Level 1 of the College of Policing Competency and Values Framework.
Applicants who fail to address the skills/knowledge/experience of the job description will not be considered.
If you would like to discuss the post in more detail, please contact Gihan Lekamwattage 0207 6012749 or Darren Johnson 07926 075190.
The closing date for applications is 08th October 2021 17.00.
This vacancy is open only to those who have the right to work in the UK.
The City of London Police is keen to promote flexible working and will, subject to operational policing requirements, proactively consider all applications to work flexibly.
The City of London Police is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.