We are pleased to announce the provision of a training course in Occupant Kinematics for the Traffic Crash Reconstructionist
to be held from 12th to 16th June 2021 at The Welcombe Hotel, Warwick Road, Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire, CV37 0NR, United Kingdom
This five-day training course on biomechanics and crash injury analysis in accident reconstruction will include training in various topics including:
- Background anatomy and terminology
- Contact, non-contact and contrecoup injuries
- Forensic examination of vehicles
- Newton’s laws applied to vehicle inspection
- Newton’s laws, occupant trajectory and occupant injury
- Calculating and applying Delta V and PDOF to determine seating location
- Case studies including actual collisions
- Injury biomechanics
- Counter-intuitive injury mechanisms
- Matching vehicle damage and injuries
- Crash reconstruction information from medical and autopsy reports
- Deployable and non-deployable occupant protection systems
The students will receive five full days’ training and their knowledge will be tested at the end of the course. Students will be accredited with their attendance and the course will attract a minimum of 30 hours CPD.
The cost for members (Student, Affiliate, Associate & Member) to attend this workshop will be:
- ITAI Members – £600.00
- Non-Members – £675.00
Charges cover training for the five days and include refreshments and lunch each day.
Accommodation for those who require it has been negotiated at the venue at a cost per person of: £101.00/night, Bed & Breakfast; & £131.00/night, Dinner, Bed & Breakfast – inclusive.
Places are limited to a maximum of 30 students on a first come-first served basis. Please book early to secure a place and to allow the organiser to consolidate the booking with the venue.
Please book sending an e-mail to the General Secretary at: firstname.lastname@example.org
All enquiries should be made via e-mail to: email@example.com : or call: +44 (0)8456 21 20 66