We will provide a training course in the subject of occupant kinematics entitled: Occupant Kinematics for the Traffic Crash Reconstructionist
to be held online via the “Zoom” platform from 14th to 18th June 2021 [10am to 6pm BST]
This five-day training course on biomechanics and crash injury analysis in accident reconstruction will include training in various topics including:
- Background anatomy and terminology
- Injury biomechanics
- Contact, non-contact and contrecoup injuries
- Counter-intuitive injury mechanisms
- Forensic examination of vehicles
- Matching vehicle damage and injuries
- Newton’s laws applied to vehicle inspection
- Newton’s laws, occupant trajectory and occupant injury
- Crash reconstruction information from medical and autopsy reports
- Calculating and applying Delta V and PDOF to determine seating location
- Deployable and non-deployable occupant protec-tion systems
- Case studies including actual collisions.
The students will receive five full days’ training and their knowledge will be tested at the end of the course. Students will be accredited with their attendance and the course will attract a minimum of 30 hours CPD.
The cost for members (Student, Affiliate, Associate & Member) to attend this workshop will be:
- ITAI Members – £350.00
- Non-Members – £425.00
Charges cover training for the five days.
Please book sending an e-mail to the General Secretary at: firstname.lastname@example.org
All enquiries should be made via e-mail to: email@example.com : or call: +44 (0)8456 21 20 66